Friday, March 26, 2010

School

Dear Parker,

This morning we went up by our new house to look at a school for you. I think you really liked it. You played with the kids and went with the teachers without Mom or Mommy having to go with you. I don't like the idea of not being with you during the day, but I think you will have fun and will like playing with other kids.

I do worry a little that you are so smart. I hate being THAT parent, because I know every parent thinks their kid is smart and maybe you aren't really as ahead as I think/fear you might be. However, we were talking to the teacher of the 2's class (which is where you will be in the fall) and she was describing some of the activities that she does for language development and you can already do most of that stuff, baby girl. And, you won't be in that class for another 6 months. My thoughts were confirmed when we left you in the room for a little while and when we came back the teacher said that you were already on par or ahead of the kids she has (and you're still 6 months younger!) I just want you to always be challenged. It's not that I think you are better than the other kids (well, maybe a little bit because of parental bias, but not more than other parents I don't think), it's that I want to make sure you aren't bored.

But, you seemed happy there and that's what is most important to me. So, we're going to try it. I'm nervous, but excited at the same time. I want you to love school. I love you.

Now, wake up from your nap! You're going to never go to sleep tonight!!!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment