Monday, March 8, 2010

Bad Mommy Day

Dear Parker,

On days like today, I feel like a terrible mommy. I had to wake you in the morning, tear you from your books so you could get dressed and then pass you off to your Aunt Lauren without so much as breakfast. I have a hard time with this because I know that you are only going to be little and want Mommy to play for a short period of time and I feel like I am wasting this time by not spending ever second with you. I know that it's ridiculous for me to think I should be spending every waking moment with you, but on days like today - when I will only get to see you for an hour this afternoon - it's really all I want to do.

I'm hoping that you understand and that I can make the most of the time I do get with you. But, I'm still sorry that you are getting a raw deal. I love you more than anything, little girl. I just don't know how to do things differently.

I hope you had fun at the park this morning with Aunt Lauren and Uncle Stu and that you are taking a good nap right now. I will see you in 3 hours and 15 minutes.

I love you.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment