Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lazy Day

Dear Parker,

Today is a rare day for us. Mommy has nothing scheduled! We woke up this morning and cuddled on the couch while watching "Abbies" (aka Sesame Street). Then we went to the Children's Museum and out to lunch. Now you're puttering around playing. It's kind of weird for me to not have something that I absolutely have to be doing. I've kind of forgotten what it's like.

I didn't take the camera to the museum this morning because it's hard to interact with you and get pictures in places like that. It was very busy - probably a combination of Spring Breaks and school field trips. We saw the dinosaurs. It's hard for you to play sometimes in places where there are lots of kids because 1) you get caught up watching them play and 2) they are usually bigger kids who are much quicker and less polite than you are so you rarely actually get a toy. I think you like watching though. We went upstairs to the playscape and you played in the sand and in the pretend house, but we didn't stay there very long because you wanted to ride the "horsies." So we went upstairs to ride the carousel. You love that thing so much and it makes Mommy a little nauseous. :) You have started to say "yee-haw" and "whoa!" without being prompted. After the carousel, we wandered around the playhouses and things in that area, but you were pretty tired, so we didn't stay long. I thought about coming home and having lunch, but wasn't really feeling it, so we went out to eat. It's nice to just spend time with you.

I thought you would take a nap when we got home, but no such luck. So, I let you play. A few minutes ago, you wanted to watch "Parkers" (aka pictures of yourself) on my computer. So we snuggled down on the couch. I looked down and you and you were sound asleep. I'm sure this is going to mess up your bedtime, but it's kind of nice to be reminded of when you were younger and would sleep on me all the time. I miss those days a little; you are growing up TOO fast!

One last random thing that I've been meaning to write about for weeks...

"Parker do it!" That has been your favorite phrase for the last several weeks. You want to do everything yourself - even things you don't know how to do yet, like tie your shoes. So, we let you try and then wait for you to ask for help! :)

You are such a big girl. It's so much fun to play with you. I'm very much looking forward to summer.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment