Sunday, March 7, 2010

Outside

Dear Parker,

I had almost forgotten how much you love being outside. It has been getting nicer the last couple of days and when I take you to the car to leave, you get upset that we can't stay outside. Yesterday, we went to the zoo and the gardens. You liked that. Today wasn't quite as nice, but we had a couple hours to kill before I had to start cleaning the house for (yet another) showing.

So, we went outside for awhile. You spent an hour and half in the backyard just walking in the grass, swinging (on our pretty jank bench swing), playing with your toys from the bin and on your slide. I'm not sure you are quite sold on sliding yet, but you liked to climb up and down with help. You are a cautious little girl and, although you are completely capable of doing it yourself, you wanted my help getting up and down. Even when you were walking in the grass, you wanted to hold my hand. So, we walked around and played with the toys and swung. It was fun.

It made me dream of spring and summer and a new house and getting you a playset. Now, you are pretty tired, but I can't let you take a nap because we have a showing really soon and I have to clean and you can't be napping for the showing.

I tried to take some pictures of you outside, but the camera died. I will look at the pictures tonight to see if any of them turned out. If so, I will try to post them. I love you very much.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment