Sunday, August 1, 2010

Catching Up

Dear Parker,

It's been way too long since I have written you. After we left Uncle Steven's we took a couple of days just as a family and visited Frankenmuth, MI. You had a good time walking through the little Bavarian town. We were there before the shops opened so you had run of the town. A few minutes before they opened, the piped in music began. You started dancing right there in the street. It was pretty funny. We also swam in the pool every night, which you loved. Your constant giggles while we were swimming are still in my head.

We left Frankenmuth and headed to Leland, MI to visit Nancy and Chuck. We went there last year as a family and you were fairly cautious when it came to the water. So, the first thing we did after we settled in was to head to the beach. As soon as we started laying out the blankets, you pointed to the water and said, "Parker maybe do that?" So, off we went. You walked straight into the water and didn't look back. The waves were big and you loved getting splashed and jumping the waves. Back on the beach, you spent a really long time filling a huge bucket to the top with sand. Other variations over the next few days included a bucket or rocks and layering the sand with rocks.

You had a great time walking through Leland, playing at the park and having Teddy Bear pancakes with Nancy.

Now, we are home and spending our last few days together before you start "school" on Tuesday. You are acting excited about school, well mostly about the animal crackers and juice, I just hope that you remain that excited when the time comes.

Your Mom and I think you are the single most amazing thing ever. You get cuter and smarter every single day. You have started using "me" correctly. (As in "carry me.") You also are suddenly very excited about your birthday. We have mentioned that it is coming up, but you talk about it all the time. This afternoon, before you nap, you said, "My birthday is coming up. I blow out the candles and eat the cake. Put it in my mouth, chew it and then have more!" It will be so fun. I can't wait.

I know I have missed many things since it has been so long, but we have been busy.

I love you so much.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment