Saturday, August 14, 2010

Last One

Dear Parker,

There have been many times this week when I meant to write you a letter, but we have all been really tired and busy with the first full week of school that it just didn't happen. So, I will try to recap the week for you.

This was your first full week of school and although you still cried every morning, it is getting easier. Friday, I was finally able to take you to school and, although you were crying, you were saying "Bye Mommy. See you later." So, I guess that's a good sign that things are getting a little better.

We went to the State Fair today. It was really hot and there were tons of people, but I think you had fun. We ate lots of fried food and saw horses and cows and the "World's Largest Boar." You rode on the Carousel with your Mom, but would only sit on the bench. You acted like you wanted to ride the bees that went up in the air (kind of like the Dumbo ride), but then when it came time to actually get on the ride, you freaked. We didn't stay super long just because it was SO hot, but I think it was a good trip.

There have been so many funny moments with you this week, but I can't think of all of them right now. So, right now I will just tell this one story,

You do this hilarious thing where you will make a little 'L' with your thumb and first finger (like you are trying to hold up one finger but don't know what to do with your thumb) and whisper "one more" or "last one" to us if you want another cookie, book etc. It's so funny. I wish I could get it on video because your face is so serious and the way you say it just make me laugh!

I'm sorry I have been so busy lately, bits. I love you so much.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment