Sunday, August 8, 2010

the weekend

Dear Parker,

The weekend is over. We had a nice time and it was definitely good to spend time with you. I'm really not looking forward to this week because I know that it's going to be long and stressful for everyone. Good or not, we didn't really talk extensively about school this weekend because we didn't want you to get upset. You are also getting a little snotty, which I'm sure isn't going to help the situation any.

Uncle Stuart and Aunt Lauren came over today. You love them so much. Uncle Stu taught you how to play hide and seek. You thought it was hilarious. You didn't really understand the concept fully of either part of the game. When you were the seeker you would count to whatever number you felt like with your eyes open. Then you would go and look. You would check every hiding place that had been previously used, but always thought it was HILARIOUS whenever you finally found whoever you were looking for. You would then yell, "AGAIN!" When you were hiding, you always giggled to loudly to be hidden well. You really loved it though.

I think you may have actually jumped and gotten 2 feet off the ground today. We tried to get you to replicate it, but you wouldn't. You also have taken a liking to drawing with a purple pen and then showing us your creations. I think it's cool that you are proud of the things you are creating.

I'm going to miss you terribly tomorrow and it's going to be a long day since Mom has to work late and I can't get to you until about 5:00. I hope you do ok. I have a feeling that you are going to cry again and that's going to rip my heart out, but I'm trusting that you know we love you.

Sleep well tonight, baby girl. You need your rest.
I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment