Wednesday, August 4, 2010

School Part 2

Dear Parker,

You have had a busy last 24 hours and a rough last 12 or so. Yesterday was your first day of school that went relatively well. Then, your Uncle Stuart and Aunt Lauren came over after your nap and the your big kid friends, Maggie and Maggie, came over for dinner. You loved playing with everyone. You are such ham now. It's hilarious. At one point you were performing "Twinkle Twinkle" with the cd and Maggie started laughing (because you are so cute!) and you just stopped, looked and her and said, "Stop it, Maggie! Stop it!" Then, of course, we all laughed harder!

Anyway, when it was time to go to bed, you made it through the bath and the initial bed process just fine, but then you couldn't fall asleep. You just laid there with your eyes open, blankly staring. After about an hour of failed attempts on my part, I just brought you downstairs and we watched about 15 minutes of "Between the Lions." Then, we went up to try again. You fell asleep quickly. I'm not sure what was keeping you up, other than maybe too much excitement.

This morning, you didn't really want to go back to school. We psyched it and you up enough that you were excited by the time we left, but when we went to leave, you just started screaming. I felt like you were just ripping my heart out, baby girl. I know that you are fine, that it will be fine, that eventually you will like school, that it's normal, that you need to play with other kids, blah blah blah. But, none of that really makes me feel any better. I just hope that you feel loved and really, truly understand that we will be back in just a few hours.

I love you, Parker Alyse. I will see you in 3 hours and 20 minutes.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment