Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Sparkler Incident

Dear Parker,

You had a very hard time sleeping last night. I think you must have been having bad dreams. You called out multiple times, but finally woke up screaming. When I went in to your room, you tried really hard to go back to sleep, but you just couldn't. You didn't want me to shut the door and every time I would leave, you would just cry out for me again. Finally, I left and just kept the door open. About 10 minutes later, you toddled in to our room, so I caved. I was too tired.
You 'slept' with us for the rest of the night, but no one really slept. You kept having nightmares even in our bed.

You were pretty cranky all day because you didn't get enough sleep. We hung out this morning and just watched some tv because you were so cranky and tired. We started watching the movie, "Annie." You seemed to like it!

You didn't nap for very long and after you ate lunch you just sort of ran around the house, playing the piano, playing with your baby and watching Mom play the Wii. You went outside to do "fireworks" with Mom. You wanted to help hold a sparkler like you did yesterday and in the process of you grabbing on, it got dropped and hit your leg. You got burned, but nothing too terrible. You cried and were very upset (understandably) so we just cuddled on the couch and watched the rest of "Annie." I felt bad for you because you would be fine and the you would just start whining and saying, "OW!" I don't normally let you watch that much tv in one day, but today was an exception.

After a little cuddling, you were better and started running around again. After dinner, we were playing upstairs and you just kept running between the guest room and the loft. You would get to one place, stop, then say, "Set! Go!" and take off again. It was hilarious. You must have done it at least 30 times.

I get very frustrated with you when you act your age. It is something I need to work on. I have to keep telling myself that you are 1 - not 3. You are so forgiving when I am not the best Mommy I can be. Thank you. I love you very much and I'm just trying to figure this whole parenting thing out as I go.

I hope you sleep better tonight so we can have a really good day tomorrow.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment