Monday, July 12, 2010

Some time at the Park

Dear Parker,

Today was our first full day at Grandma and Grandpa Booga's. We planned to lay low since we had a pretty big day yesterday and are planning on going to the zoo tomorrow. So, you just hung out and played with Grandma this morning. After your nap, we had lunch and then decided to go to the park.

Normally, when we go to the park at home, there are lots of kids and you aren't as adventurous as I would like you to be. There weren't any kids at the park today! (I do want you to get better at playing with and around other kids, but I also want you to get better at trying new things!) Anyway, you had a great time! We were there for at least an hour and a half.

You played in the mulch.
You were very nervous about the suspension bridge and the slides, but after practicing with Grandma and Mom, you eventually did both by yourself! You wore Grandma out asking her to help you start going down the slide "AGAIN!" You went on the monkey bars for the first time. Obviously, you couldn't do it by yourself, but you had a great time pretending to do it on Mom's shoulders.

You've been having a really good time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. You love playing with Dinks and all of Mom and Uncle Eric's old toys.

On a completely different subject, I have been very sad lately about you going to school. Not about you going to school, exactly but about me not being able to spend the days or at least some days with you. I'm not sure that I'm making the right decision by doing the things at University that will keep me away from you at night. I know that, right now, I have to work full time, but I don't HAVE to do the side jobs. I love you so much and just always want to make the right choices for you and our little family.

You are the most amazing baby. You are growing up so fast and I want to enjoy every minute.
I love you so much,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment