Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Seeing Santa

Dear Parker,

Today was a great day.  We got up and went to the museum to see Santa and to play.  You had such a great time.  I was nervous when we first got there because you were super cranky and didn't want to go play by yourself.  You sort of warmed up and then were a crazy baby who couldn't be stopped.  Santa didn't arrive until 11am, so we played in the cookie area for awhile, although you were still being pretty clingy.  Then they opened the line for Santa, so we hopped in.  You were a good girl waiting, although we only had to wait about 15 minutes.  While we were waiting, you watched all the other kids playing and started to get really excited about all the fun things you could do.  You did a decent job with Santa.  You didn't want to see him by yourself and you didn't want to sit on his lap.  You sat on my lap and I sat next to him.  But, you did talk to him and tell him "I Parker Sharp.  I want babies."  - Just in case he missed the memo. ;)  The picture isn't too bad.

We let you run around the Jolly Days exhibit for a little while.  You loved the "ice skating rink" (where you take off your shoes and slide in your socks).  There were some other kids being a little crazy, running and sliding and you did not like that, but you handled it pretty well.  You just liked running back and forth and spinning in circles.  Then, we ate lunch and headed up to the carousel, which you like again.  Thank goodness.  I don't know what was up with the 2 months that it freaked you out.  Then you were off - you ran around the play houses and the puzzles and the mirror maze with some much energy that it was hard to keep up.  We finally got you stopped and took you down the Yule Slide.  You had a good time.  (You also passed out on the way home and then didn't take a nap, but whatever.)  You haven't had that much fun in a long time, I don't think.

I think the Holidays are sort of putting you into overload.  I'm SO excited for Christmas morning - I hope it's everything I'm thinking it could be.

You are so amazing and getting to be such a big girl that I can hardly stand it.

I love you so much, Parker.  Merry (almost) Christmas!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment