Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas

Dear Parker,

I really meant to write this days ago, but we have been busy spending time with family.  So here (in list style of course because I'm too tired to write in prose) are my Parker Alyse highlights from Christmas 2010 so far.

*Going to Christmas Eve Children's Service with Uncle Stu and Aunt Lauren
      The entire service was centered around the children reenacting the Christmas Story.  I thought that you would enjoy just watching and having the story told at your level.  Instead, they asked kids to come forward and you jumped off my lap and started walking to the front!  I was so surprised.  I thought you would sit on my lap and the front and listen, but no - you walked right into the group of kids and sat down. You did great for a couple minutes - then you stood up and started lifting your shirt up. I got you to sit down and the Pastor started talking about presents and how Jesus was a present.  You stood up, came over to me and started saying that you wanted a present.  This was not my proudest parenting moment.  Luckily, they changed subjects and you calmed down.  They were taking volunteers to be different parts of the manger scene.  At one point, they asked the kids to raise their hands if they wanted to be a shepherd.  You put your hand in the air, but then turned to me and said, "Mommy, I don't want to be a shepherd."  So, I told you to put your hand down.  You did and all was fine.  You didn't want to be anything, but you sat and listened to the story and sang the songs.  At the end, they gave everyone a bell and you rang your bell all the way back to your seat singing.

*Christmas Morning
     You were very excited that Santa had come.  You loved your baby.  You named her Allie.  Then, we asked if you were going to give your old baby a name.  You told us that her name was Crackers!  Too  funny.  You also had a blast with your Toy Story toys.  We drove to Grandma and Grandpa LaMagdeleine's - you wanted to stay in your underpants, so we let you.  And you stayed dry.  We had a nice Christmas with your Grandparents and Uncle, although I think near the end you were getting pretty tired.

You have been doing very well with your potty training.  The only accidents you have had happened in the car on the way home last night (you fell asleep and peed a little) and then right after I changed you, you said you had to go, so we went, but didn't quite make it.  You still peed a lot in the potty, but got your clothes wet.  Other than that, you have been doing great!  I'm so proud of you.

I'm sure there will be tons more memories over the next few days and I will try really hard to write them down.  It makes me a little sad that you are growing up so fast.  You are so funny and grown-up, but I miss my baby.

I love you so much, Parker Alyse.  Merry Christmas.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment