Sunday, October 24, 2010

A true test of parenting

Dear Parker,
This weekend has been really hard.  Saturday, we were driving to the Pumpkin Festival with your friend Sadie and you vomited all over the car.  It was some serious puke. We brought you home, cleaned you off, got you dressed and you puked again.  At this point we decided it was a virus and not choking on your phlegm which you sometimes do.  So, Sadie and her family went home and we resigned ourselves to the fact that we would not get to go to homecoming or do anything fun.  I felt bad for you because you kept asking to go to the Pumpkin Festival amidst your puking.  I also felt bad for myself, however, because I wanted to go to Homecoming and see my friends, who I don't normally get to see. I feel horrible that I even felt sorry for myself.  You were so sick.  Over the course of the day you puked 6 different times.  It was terrible and through it all, I was still a little bummed.

Today, you are doing better, but we still stayed home just to make sure.  I'm going crazy from being in this house for 2 days straight.

I feel guilty, Parker.  I'm sorry that I was thinking of myself when you were so sick. I love you very much and I hope that you are able to have a great day with your Mom tomorrow.

I'm sorry I'm not a better Mommy.
I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment