Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A 'Lil Bit Sassy

Dear Parker,

You are getting a little bit sassy and I'm not sure how to fix it.  Part of your problem is that you have more words and inflections than most 2 year olds, but don't know when each is appropriate to use.  We just keep trying to offer a better thing to say when you say something with an inappropriate tone or get too bossy, but I'm not sure it's working.  I don't want you to grow up to be bratty, but I don't feel like sending you to time out for these things is appropriate because, really, a 2 year old isn't supposed to understand when sarcasm is appropriate and when it's not.

Appropriate or not though - it is stinking hilarious when you do things like say, "Grandma?  Grandma? (clap clap) Hel- LO?!!!"

I love you so much Parker.  I'm excited that we don't have to do any traveling for a few weeks.  AND fall break is just 2.5 weeks away and then Thanksgiving is 4 weeks after that and Christmas is 3 weeks after that.  Hopefully, the days will go by quickly.

You are amazing (sassy or not!).  I love you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment