Monday, September 27, 2010

Insomnia

Dear Parker,

What was up with last night?  I know that we sort of messed you up by allowing you to nap in the car on the way back home from the shower, but you just refused to go to sleep.  You kept "trying" by closing your eyes, but they would just keep popping back open.  We were all so frustrated.  I did not handle it well.  I'm sorry.  In the end, we put you in our bed and turned on a Sesame Street thinking that you would just fall asleep.  Notsomuch.  You didn't fall asleep until 11 or after and even then you were flopping around all night.  This morning (which came WAY too soon) I got up to get in the shower and you woke from a dead sleep and insisted that you come with me.  I tried to encourage you to stay in bed and sleep, but there was no convincing you and I didn't have time to fight.  So, I got in the shower and you crawled out of bed and laid on the bathroom mat right outside the shower door with your cloth and blanket.  I'm not sure what's up with the extreme clingy-ness lately, but it's getting kind of old.  I love you more than anything, but other people love you too and would love to hold you and take care of you.  Plus, you are a big girl and can do things for yourself.

Anyway, I'm very glad that you went to sleep normally tonight.  Hopefully, you will sleep well and will be in a better mood tomorrow.

I love you so much, bits.

Good night. Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment