Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Post-Christmas letter

Dear Parker,

I haven't been very good about keeping up with writing you letters over our break. We have all just been so busy spending time with family, that it's been hard to squeeze in computer time.

I had a GREAT Christmas with you. We were so excited to watch you open your gifts. When you finally got up Christmas morning, we brought you into the living room to see what Santa had brought. You looked and then your entire face lit up. You walked over to the kitchen set and said "hep pease," picked up a spoon and began stirring your imaginary creation in the pot. It was amazing. We played with all your toys from Santa. Then, your Mom made us breakfast and we opened up the rest of your gifts.

Your Mom and I found this hooded duck towel on sale. You have been struggling a little with the bath lately, so we thought it might make it more fun. We thought that you would like it at bathtime, but wouldn't really care otherwise. Boy, were we wrong! You thought it was the greatest thing ever. You ran all over the house with that silly towel on your head crying, "Quack! Quack!" It was hilarious and adorable and it completely made my morning!

We finished opening presents around 10:30. You were so tired that you just laid down on the floor as if you were begging to take a nap. So, we obliged. You were just so happy and content. Your Mommy's family came that evening, but we got in a great day of playing and just being with each other before that. I loved it. I wish more days could just be like that. No computers, no reason to go out. The world finally stopped for just a little bit so that I could spend some great time with my family.

I love you and I know that it's late now, but Merry Christmas, Parker Alyse.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment