Wednesday, December 16, 2009

frustration

Dear Parker,

Lately, I have been very frustrated. Sometimes it's about little things - like the fact that I have absolutely no idea what you should get your Mom for Christmas. I'm totally stuck. Sometimes it's about my inabilities as a parent- I don't know why you are waking up screaming lately. I can't figure it out and it just keeps happening. I don't know what "dee dee" is. I'm guessing that it's candy, but am not sure. I don't know how to get you to eat things other than pasta, cheese, bread and sweets. Sometimes it's about how stuck I feel in life and how I don't know how to get from where I am to where I want to be.

Here's what I do know baby girl. I love you in a way that I never knew was possible. I want to remember every single funny thing you do, every single mispronunciation, every giggle and every, "uh...no." It makes me sad that no matter how much I blog or how many pictures I take, I'm going to forget some things. I am so looking forward to Christmas with you. I know that you will be excited to open presents (perhaps not as excited as I am to give them to you, but that will come.) I hope that you are able to get in the spirit of giving and be excited about giving presents to other people as well.

I know I'm not a perfect Mommy Parker Alyse, but I love you so much and I'm doing the very best I can.

Love you. Happy Christmas Break!
Love,
Mommy

PS - Please don't wake up screaming tonight. Your Mom and I need to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment