Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Things I love about you

Dear Parker,

Lately, you have been very "2" and I have not been handling it as well as I should or could.  I come home from school; my patience is gone and I have very little left for you.  Today, I promised myself that I would NOT lose my patience with you.  I made it, but you certainly tested me with a couple of tantrums and then not listening and bed time, which resulted in you going to bed without a story, which is apparently the worst punishment ever.  Anyway.  In between tantrums, we had a great time.  Here are the things I love about you and the way you are right now.

* The way you pump your little arms when you run
* The fact that you have to run everywhere because everything is urgent!
* That you are getting much better at pretend
* That you take ALL your babies to "Meijer" to get "groceries" but end up having a picnic instead
* That you made your Mom and I rush to the back door to look at the sun setting
* That you ask to watch musicals
* That you got a sticker at school last week for wearing your listening ears when no one else was! (Too bad you don't employ them at home!)
* The way you talk with your hands
* That you ask us how our days were
* That you hold on tight around my neck when you give me a hug
* That before anyone leaves you insist on a hug, kiss and high five (from both hands) from the departing person to everyone in the room

I love you so much little bits.  I'm getting really excited about Christmas with you!
Love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment