Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Not Ready for Bed

Dear Parker,

I had been planning to write a post about what a fun day you had, but right now you are frustrating me. Normally, I lay next to you for a few minutes while you fall asleep. Tonight, you were not cooperating and I always tell you that if you aren't laying still and trying to fall asleep, I will go in the other room. Tonight you were not cooperating. So, I left. You cried for about 30 seconds and then started to play. Now you are yelling for me to come read you a book. That is NOT sleeping, Parker Alyse.

So, as I sit here and listen to you read to yourself and ocassionally holler for Mommy, I will tell you about your day. This morning, you went to the neighborhood park with your Mom. She took some good pictures of your fun time. It looks like you played with stick and swung - both things you really love to do.

You came home and we colored for awhile, had a snack and you took your nap. I worked on painting the bedroom. After too short a nap, you got up and had lunch and then played the piano for awhile. You are hilarious when you play the piano because you 1) must have the light on and 2) insist on playing for a few seconds and then turning the page of whatever book is up there as if you were actually reading the music. It's also hysterical because you "sing" with your playing. This consist of you mostly yelling and asking where things are. It makes me smile.

After lunch, we went to get your hair cut - which you hated - but took all of 5 minutes. Then we got some ice cream. You have been doing this thing lately where you will tell us you are done and then when we get rid of your food, you ask for more. This happened with the ice cream. So, immediately after I had thrown the rest of your ice cream away, you start crying and asking to have more. Of course there are people everywhere thinking I am the world's worst mother. Oh well. You got over it.

We came home and bummed around the house for a bit and had dinner. While I cleaned up from dinner, you played upstairs with your Mom. When I was done, I came up and you wanted to play "tackle you" (a game in which you run and "push" us over). This turned in to full on wrestling and it was awesome - a bit painful - but really fun. You were laughing and having a great time. No one ever tells you before you are a parent that wrestling with a 1 year old will be more exhausting and taxing for the adult! :)

You finally settled down and did some puzzles. You started to figure out parts of the "real" puzzle. You aren't really close to doing it by yourself yet, but you could find the pieces with the sections of the dog or the bird or the fish. I think that's a start.

I suppose that brings us to now. You are still asking me to come and open your door. I guess I will go try to see if you are ready to go to sleep yet.

Although you frustrate me sometimes, you are still the most amazing thing and I am so lucky to be your Mommy.

Good night, baby. I love you.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment