Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dinosaur!

Dear Parker,

Lately you have had a mild obsession with dinosaurs. I think it started when we took you to the dinosaur exhibit at the Children's Museum. I didn't think you were extremely impressed because you didn't want to stay long, but for quite some time now, every time we talk about the museum, you talk about dinosaurs.

We bought you some cheap toy dinosaurs and you love them. You want us to identify each one by name. You even attempt to say "Teradactyl." (I have no idea how you spell that.)

Last week, your mom and I took you to musical rehearsal. The show we are doing this year is "Little Shop of Horrors." I was nervous about you being scared of the huge man-eating plant. You LOVED it. You pointed and said, "Dinosaur!" You think the plant is a dinosaur and I love it!

You also really love watching rehearsal. You are learning all the kids' names and you know that Matt and JP are the "dinosaur." The first rehearsal you attended you shouted on stage to your friends. "'Lise! 'Lise! Hi 'Lise! 'Lise, Come sit!" It was pretty funny. Last night, you were absolutely amazing. We were there for about 3 hours, you sat on a couch with your friend Maggie the entire time and watched the rehearsal. Only once or twice did I hear you giving commentary on the show.

I'm so proud of you, Parker, for being able to be so good like that. It really helped Mommy out. I won't really get to see you today as you should be in bed by the time I get home, but I wanted to take some time to write you a letter, share our experiences over the past few days and tell you that I love you.

I hope you have a good day with your Aunt Lauren and Nancy.

You are the best baby in the entire world and I love you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment