Sunday, April 18, 2010

The best I can

Dear Parker,

Something is up with you. You aren't exactly sick, but you aren't yourself either. You've haven't been eating well, you've had either diarrhea or just really soft stools since Monday. You have this wicked cough at night that makes you cry for me. We just had you to the doctor for the pink eye and she said everything else looked fine, but I feel like something is up. AND I feel like I'm abandoning you in your time of need. All you ever want lately is for Mommy to play or cuddle or just be with you and I just can't. It makes me feel like a terrible Mommy to just get you up and then leave or to come home for 30 minutes and then leave again. I hope you know that I love you more than anything. In 2 weeks, it will be over, but I know that's a long time still.

You are the light of my life, baby girl and I know I'm not doing right by you, but I am doing the very best I can. I hope that you understand that.

You are so amazing and while I really want you to sleep well (for your sake) I kind of want you to wake up so that I can cuddle you just a little more.

I will see you in the morning, sweetie.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment