Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dance and other ramblings

Dear Parker,

Sorry I haven't written in a couple of days. Things have been pretty busy here. We are trying to sell the house and it's been really stressful the last couple of days. We've had two showings in the middle of the day, which means we have to hide many of your toys and that you have to leave with Aunt Lauren and go somewhere else. I'm sorry. I know it's probably hard on you, but you're a trooper! :)

So, here's what I've been noticing about you lately. First of all - you say so many things and you speak so well. (I think I say that about every time I write you a letter.) You've been putting together more words than you used to. You will say "Hi Mommy" or "Love you Mommy."

You are getting much more opinionated. If you don't want to do something, you will scream. I don't like that as much, but I suppose it's part of the deal! :) Luckily, you are easily distracted and it can be contained fairly simply.

You love to dance! You will shake your little fists and run around the room. Or you will sway or head bang or just spin in a circle. It's cute.

You are a Big Girl. We had our first Kindermusik class of the semester on Tuesday. It's a class for 18months-3 years. (You are only 16 months old) There was only 1 kid younger than you and you caught on pretty well. That's not to say that you were running around with the 3 year old boys, but I think you were doing just as well as most of the kids. I was surprised. I don't know why, but I was.

You are beginning to like just snuggling. :) Tonight you were sitting on my lap at the kitchen table. I started playing with your little curls. I stopped and you said, "more!" You liked me playing with your hair. We just sat there for about 10 minutes snuggling and me stroking your hair. It was the best 10 minutes of my entire day.

I think you are amazing. We are embarking on a very busy part of the year for Mommy. We've got lots going on and we are making things more crazy by trying to move (which I think has enough emotional stuff attached to it for an entirely different post if we actually sell!). You probably won't get the Mommy-time that you deserve and I'm very sorry. I'm going to do my absolute best to spend as much time as possible with you.

I love you, baby. (BigGirl!)
Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment