Saturday, August 20, 2011

Struggles

Dear Parker,
You are having a hard time right now.  When you started going back to school, you had been doing pretty well.  Sometimes you cried in the morning, but then the rest of your day would be good.  Then, the "real" school year began and you got a new teacher.  Now things are not going well at all.  You tell us that you don't like her and you spend a good part of your day crying.  To make matters more complicated, you have been sick with a beginning-of-the-year cold and have been having a crazy reaction to some bug bites.  So, you missed 1.5 days of school last week, which doesn't help.  I don't know what to do or how to make this better for you.  Honestly, I don't really like your new teacher that much either, but it's not like there is anything wrong with her.  I don't know what to do or how to help you.  I don't know whether I'm being an over-protective crazy parent if I pull you from her room if things don't start getting better or if that really is the best thing for you.  I don't know what I should be expecting from you at almost 3.  It's not like this you are in Kindergarten.  It's 3 year old pre-school.

I just hope you know that I love you more than anything and we'll get this figured out.  I'm hoping that you start feeling better and that helps to improve your time at school.

I love you, baby.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment