Thursday, August 25, 2011

Compliments

Dear Parker,

I have to admit that lately I've been sometimes wishing that you were more like other kids about some things.  That makes me seem like a terrible Mommy (maybe I am.)  I just get frustrated sometimes when I watch all the other kids just give their parents a hug and go play in the morning at school or say goodnight and go to sleep at night.  This afternoon I was reminded of just how amazing, wonderful, smart and cute you are!

I got to school to get you and when I arrived you were all dancing and playing instruments.  Ms. Tanya said that you had just finished pretending you were in a marching band and that you loved that.  She then went on to say that you had an amazing day.  She thought your social skills were outstanding and that even the therapist who had been there earlier in the day to work with one of the other kids commented on how great your social skills were - that you were caring and empathetic and just knew how to deal with situations.  I was so proud of you.  We often get told how smart and cute you are (which IS true) but no one has ever told us that they were impressed with the way you acted with other kids.

So, I'm sorry for being a little frustrated sometimes.  I love you tremendously and am so proud of you.  (And I was before this afternoon -  it just reminded me of how amazing you really are.)

I love you bits,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment