Sunday, July 10, 2011

Conner Prairie

Dear Parker,
I'm interrupting the posts about 4th of July because you had such a fun adventure today and I want to write about it while it is still fresh in my memory.  Lately, I've done more posting of pictures instead of writing about the little things that I know I will forget and want to remember, so that is what I'm going to try to do from now on.

This morning after you went to church with Mom and Grandma we ventured out to Conner Prairie, which is like a living history thing dealing with the 1800-1900's.  We mostly went because whenever we drive down 146th street we see the giant balloon and you always comment on it and we had a buy one - get one coupon.

You were SO excited about the balloon.  We got there right as they opened so they were still flight testing it.  You didn't want to do anything else but watch the giant balloon.  Finally, they started selling tickets.  I was nervous that you would freak out once it started going, but you were just super interested in everything.  You liked to look down the middle and see straight down (which made Mommy very sick feeling.)  You kept asking what the "man" was saying.  I think you had a great time.

We thought that you might be interested in the animals and that balloon pilot had told us that they had baby pigs at the inn, so we wandered into the town.  You were so interested in everything - you wandered into every house and listened intently to what each historic actor had to say.  You seemed especially interested in the old toys.  You watered a garden and swept the floor of the garden hut thing.  The man working had you rub your fingers on a spearmint plant, then smell them.  He asked you what it smelled like and you replied, "Candy!"

You were so interested and excited to look in each new house.  You played with all the old toys and wrote on a "chalk" board with soapstone.  I was very surprised with how in to the whole experience you were.  It was a really good day.  Hopefully, we can find more things like this to do in the future.

I love you so much, Parkerbits.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment