Saturday, July 9, 2011

Imagination

Dear Parker,

I'm going to interrupt the series of posts about your family adventures to talk about the craziness of your mind.  You have such an imagination.  I feel like lately it's gotten a little out of control.  At night, I have to put up a "force field" around your bed.  Then, I have to take it down to let the good monsters in.  Then, I have to take it down again because the good monsters let the bad monsters in and now they need out.  (I also have to get up, open the door and let ALL the monsters out of your room).  Then I have to put the force field back up.  Ten minutes later there will be a tiger or a polar bear in your room which will need to be dealt with.  Ten minutes after that, Allie will be talking to you so you can't go to sleep.  It just never ends.  I'm not sure if you are actually afraid of these things or if you enjoy pretending or if you are stalling going to bed.  Whatever the case may be - you are a master at creating and imagining things.

I love you.  I hope that you are not afraid of monsters.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment