Monday, May 24, 2010

Sprinkler and Long sentences!

Dear Parker,

I feel like you are growing up so fast. Too fast for my liking. Yesterday, our friends Micah, Carter and their daughter Campbell were over. You were playing in your room with Carter and Campbell. When you all came back down, Carter said that you said, "Baby Campbell sit next to giraffe." That's a SIX word sentence, baby! Don't you know that you shouldn't be able to do that yet? I won't tell if you won't! You don't often speak in 6 word sentences, but you are using sentences more often and they generally have 4 or 5 words. I'm so proud of you.

We were walking down the road a little last night and one of the neighboring houses had the sprinkler on. It was hitting the sidewalk and we had to walk through. When you first got a little wet you paused and looked surprised. You kept walking. We got to the end of the sidewalk and had to turn around. When we got to the water again you went through a little slower. Then you just stopped and started saying "again!" Then you started trying to walk into the neighbor's grass. (No one lives in the house yet, the builders were just watering the sod.) So, I let you get closer. You thought it was hilarious. I was bummed because I didn't have my camera outside.

I convinced you to come back to our yard if I set up our sprinkler. Mom had just mowed the grass (and it had been LONG!) so there were grass clippings all over the yard. You didn't care. We both took off our shoes and got wet (and covered in grass!) I tried really hard to get good pictures of you, but you kept running away from me. Hopefully, this post will help me remember. :)

You are an amazing little girl and I love you so much. Only a couple more days until it's SUMMER!

I love you Parker Alyse,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment