Monday, May 3, 2010

NEW HOUSE and three words

Dear Parker,

Well, baby girl, the musical is over! I am both happy and sad. I'm so happy that I get to spend more time with you, but also sad because I will miss working with those kids. We move this week. This afternoon we closed on our house. So, technically, right now, we own no houses! We have been trying to prep you for the move. We will ask you what we are doing this week and you will yell, "NEW HOUSE!" You know that your new house has stairs and a basement and a big room for you and your toys. You don't understand that we have to say goodbye to this house. Every time we mention it you say, "NO!" We are sad to say goodbye too. We have so many memories here. It is a good house and we like it a lot. We just need more space! :)

In other news, you are routinely speaking in three word sentences. You will say, "Mommy, are you?" (Mommy, where are you?) or things like "Mom sleep too!" "Maxx! Get Down!" You are funny and such a little person with attitude. You have also been really into throwing and catching lately. You will catch about half of the balls we throw to you, so I think that's pretty good!

Some funny Parker stories from the past week or so: You, me and your Mom were driving in the car the other day and you asked us to sing the "ABC's" so we all started. Then you would say, "Mom sing!" Then you would say, "Mommy, sing!" Then, "Both sing" You were creating your own little arrangement of the alphabet song in the car. It made me laugh.

When we were coming home from the musical the other night, you wanted to sing. I asked you what you wanted to sing and you said, "Downtown." (Skid Row) from the musical. Oi! I guess you pick up much more than I think you do! :)

You went with your friend Nancy to a party the other day and she said on the way home, you were hiding your milk by wrapping it in your cloth and saying "Milk is?" Then you would pretend to be sad by pouting out your lip. Nancy thought it was great and claimed that you were 'acting!' Then you would pull the cloth off and say "HA! Milk here!" I love that when you find something now, you say, "HA!"

You have been dealing with all of this craziness so well and I'm so proud of you for being so flexible. You are an amazing little girl who is so loved. Especially by me.

Love you little girl,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment