Monday, May 10, 2010

The Big Move

Dear Parker,

Well, it's almost over. We moved last weekend. You did pretty well. We didn't pack your toys until the last minute. (Okay, there were lots of things that we didn't pack until the last minute!) I tried to get you to help pack your books Thursday morning, but you just kept crying "NO!" whenever I would put one in. Finally, I was able to pacify you with a movie while I did it. You were okay then.

Friday was moving day and you weren't feeling well. You appeared a little confused, but were hanging in there. Part way through the day you exclaimed, "Boomer's Big Day!" This is the title of one of the books we borrowed from the library several weeks ago to prep you for moving. It was like a lightbulb went off and you realized what was happening. You did a very good job. You were quite tired because you didn't really get to nap, but you were awesome.

Sleeping in the new house, has been another issue however. So far, you have gone to sleep in your own bed 2 of the 3 nights. However, whenever you wake up in the middle of the night, you do not go back to sleep and then you refuse to sleep in your own bed. I don't know if it's the new house or your cold or all the time away from your mommies or just a combination of those things, but you are struggling with sleeping. I hope that once we get a little more settled, things will return to normal.

I can't wait for summer, baby. You are so fun to be with. :)

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment