Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New room Part 2

Dear Parker,

We were able to finish your room this past weekend. I think it turned out pretty well. I wish, however, that you would sleep like you did in your old room. I'm not sure what the issue is; it is probably a combination of issues. You refuse to sleep in your bed. You want to sleep on the floor. You don't want me to rock you, which is fine, but you also want to lay around and not go to sleep for hours at a time. In the old house, I would say goodnight and leave. You will have none of that in your new room. You insist on me lying with you until you fall asleep. I feel guilty because I haven't been able to spend much time with you lately and I know that when I go back to work full time next year, it's only going to get worse. I feel like you deserve every second of time that you want. But, it's really hard for me to devote 2 hours a night to lying on your floor. That doesn't allow me any time with your Mom or any time to get other things done. It leaves me feeling very empty and because I get so frustrated, I become someone I don't like. I really need to work on my patience.

I will be out of school soon. I hope that we can work on all of this during the summer so that we are in a good routine by the time you go to school in a couple months.

I hope we are making the right choices for you, baby. We are doing the very best that we can. We love you so much.

Here are some pictures of your new room.



Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! With happy colors like that, how could she not be happy! And try not to get too frazzled (yeah right, I know ;) ) but P Loves you, and she Knows that you love her too.

    ReplyDelete