Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mish Mash


Dear Parker,

Okay, so now I have been writing this post for multiple days (weeks) and it’s all over the map.  These stories are weeks old, but I had written these little snippets, so I wanted you to read them later.  We are about to embark on a break together, so hopefully, I will write more soon!  Until then, here is your mish mash of memories...

It has just started to be cooler outside.  So, we have been trying to play outside in the yard after school.  This is good both for you and your Moms!  You love to play tag, although you are very demanding about who is tagging whom as well as kickball and Frisbee.  For some reason, whenever we play Frisbee, you feel the need to place your Mom and I in specific places along the fence.  You then go to the opposite side of the yard and throw the Frisbee.  You can only throw it about a foot.  And we are much more than that away.  You get very upset if we try to move closer to you. It’s pretty funny.

The other night, for some reason, you insisted that you and Mom look at the sky for airplanes.  When I looked up, you got very upset.  You kept telling me that I could only look at the ground.  This evolved into you telling both your Mom and I to “snuff the grass.”  For some reason, you forget the word “sniff” and say, “snuff” instead.  It’s hilarious.

The other day I came to pick you up at school and you were playing with your friend Abby.  You were just walking around the playground, hand in hand.  You came up, gave me a hug and asked if you could go play.  I let you.  Then, you asked me to play with you.  Apparently, you were playing house.  Abby was the Mommy and you were the baby.  It was cute, but also interesting to see how you interact with other kids when you aren’t paying much attention to me. 

I love you, Bits.  You are becoming so grown-up.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment