Thursday, September 23, 2010

Here we go again

Dear Parker,

Around the time you were a year old, you had a string of ear infections that wouldn't go away.  Finally, we were able to get yo on some super strong antibiotic that got them to go away.  I fear that we are starting down that path again.  You were diagnosed about a week ago with double ear infections.  We started the regular amoxicillin, but I just didn't think it was working.  When you were first diagnosed, you didn't have any symptoms, but as the week went on, you got a terrible cough and a super runny nose.  That just didn't seem right! So, we I stayed home with you today and we went to the doctor (again!)  Sure enough, infections are still there.  Back to the super strength stuff.  Here's hoping it does the trick.

I am having a good day with you, but you weren't able to get a good nap and you don't feel well, so you are pretty much a giant crank right now.  We spent a good deal of time cuddling on the bed and watching tv.  You alternated between running around and being crazy and whining and only wanting to be held.  We put you to bed early, but I can still hear you coughing and hacking.  I feel so bad for you and just want you to feel better.

Every time I get a chance to stay home with you, I just want to do it every day.  Luckily, we only have to go to school 1 more day and then we get a weekend.

I love you so much.  Please get better soon.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment