Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Zoo and Somersaults!

Dear Parker,

Today, we decided to go to the zoo. Normally, we got to the zoo in the afternoon (after you nap) but now that we live farther away, it's a little harder. So, we thought we would try the morning. The animals are much more active in the morning, but apparently so are the people. It was very crowded. I'm always so proud of you in situations like that. We needed to renew our membership so we had to stand in a long line (behind some pretty rude people) and then we had to stand in a long line again to get in. You were very patient and didn't complain once. Additionally, since there were lots of people you often had to wait your turn, sometimes even when others didn't wait theirs and cut you off. I'm so proud that you aren't one of "those" kids. I'm not saying you are perfect and I'm sure it will get more difficult as you get older, but for now you are very polite and, generally, follow the directions we give you.

Anyway, you wanted to see the giraffes first, so we headed to the back. All the animals were very active and I think you had a good time. You were a little tired, so you weren't quite as into it as you were the last time, but I still think you were having fun. We took a break and had a special treat of lunch at the zoo. We sat right by the flamingos and you kept saying, "Hi Flamingos!" It was pretty cute.

You fell asleep on the way home, which is always disatrous. (It means you won't take a real nap!) So, when we got home we watched a little tv while Mom ran some errands. Then we played upstairs for a little while. After dinner, I was cleaning up and Mom took you upstairs. She helped you do somersaults and you LOVED it. It was pretty cute.

The cutest thing of the night, though, happened when Aunt Stacy called to say she was for sure coming tomorrow. I told you and you got all excited, ran to the door and said that you wanted to wait on the porch. When I told you, we couldn't wait tonight because she was coming tomorrow, you had a meltdown (because you were so tired I think). But you were okay in the end.

I'm very excited for you to get to spend some time with Aunt Stacy this weekend. She's really good for you and you love her so much.

Sleep well, baby. I love you.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment