Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Reading-n-stuff

Dear Parker,

For the last several months (maybe close to a year) you have liked playing word games - rhyming games particularly.  Then, started becoming interested in spelling.  You frequently spell something out and ask what it spells or ask how to spell certain words.  Then, you started playing this "game" with us where we will write down an ending like "at" on a piece of paper and then add beginning sounds to make words.  Surprisingly to us, you could sound out words like, "bat, cat" etc.  I was excited!  Then, last night at dinner, we were playing a game on your pre-made placemat and Mom asked if you knew one of the words that was on it.  To our surprise, you correctly responded, "cat."  Then you did the same for "dog."  You have some sight words!  I was very excited.  Sometimes, I get pretty sad about you growing up, but other times I'm so excited about all the things you are learning that I can barely stand it!

And - a random story about your perception of where babies come from.  We were driving home from school one day and you mentioned that you had lots of kids.  Then you said that you and Allie's dad adopted them because they didn't have any parents to take care of them.  You continued with "So, we just did lots of doctor stuff and paid lots of money and adopted them.  Now we have no money.  But, Allie's dad is at the store getting money."  HA!  You crack me up.  What a mixed idea of how people become a family.

I love you very much.  I have fall break coming up soon and I am excited to spend a little more time with you and at your school.

I love you, Bits!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment