Monday, February 13, 2012

What to do?


February 13th, 2012

Dear Parker,

Baby, you are kind of killing me.  I don’t know what to do about your screaming and crying and reaching and trying-to-escape from your teacher’s arms in the morning thing.  I know you aren’t unhappy at school.  You never want to leave.  You tell me that you have fun during the day.  Your teacher says you calm down relatively quickly (but that it helps if she lets you get your cloth.)  And, it’s not just school.  You did the same thing when Mom took you home form the basketball game the other day.  You started to throw a giant fit when I said I was going to drive the car and Nancy was going to sit in the backseat with you instead of me.  It’s all the same fit.  I just don’t know how to fix it.  Everyone says that we need to talk about what’s going to happen during the day and when I will pick you up and what fun things you are going to do at school – but we already do that.  You know exactly why and when you go to school.  You are just having horrible separation anxiety from me right now and it’s pretty horrible.  I don’t know what to do.  This is our busiest time of year, but I am doing my very best to spend tons of time with you.  I don’t even have any rehearsal this year and you are even more of a mess than you have been in the past.  I just feel so lost and don’t know what to do. 

I love you more than anything and I’m so sorry that you get so sad whenever we aren’t together.  I miss you, too, but I know that I will always see you soon.

We will get through this, little girl.
I love you.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment