Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ballet


Dear Parker,

Last night  I, begrudgingly, took you to your first dance class.  You were pretty excited (and also very cute.)  I had no idea what to expect, but I think you did reasonably well.  You’ve only ever had dance in the lobby of your old school, so I don’t even think that really counts.  You didn’t have any idea what some of the stuff was and were pretty distracted by all the things and people (including me) in the room.  I think you may do better if Mom takes you, but I’m sure we will take turns.  I’m proud of you for doing part of the class by yourself.  The other girls have been taking dance for over a year and you tend to be really clingy so I was glad that even though I had to be with you during the ballet part, you ventured out on your own to do the tap part.  I hope that next week you can do more/all of it by yourself.  I mean, I am in the room – just not right next to you! J 

I love you more than anything.  This is a rough week, we have many things to do and I know that leaves you with not enough sleep and pretty cranky, but I’m proud of you for pushing through.  Keep pushing.  Only 3 more days to go!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment