Monday, June 6, 2011

Social Skillz

Dear Parker,

Saturday was graduation at Mom's school.  This is always a big day because we have to do the ceremony, the reception and then, inevitably, several graduation parties.  You did pretty well through the ceremony.  You made it for over an hour and only missed the last 2 speeches (out of 6, so not too bad.)  All in all, we only missed about 10-15 minutes, which I think is pretty good.  You did alright through the reception, but mostly because we let you eat. (This was not my finest nutrional parenting day, but you didn't die so I'm calling it a success.)

After the reception we had 5 graduation parties to attend. (Not to mention the three on Sunday and the one this evening.) You were a trooper.  There is such a difference between last year and this year.  Last year, you clung to my side the entire time.  This year, you ran off with other small children as well as teenagers.  It's nice.  You are socializing and I don't have a toddler stuck to my hip.  I'm so glad to see the change in your social skills.  I don't know whether to attribute it to school or just you growing up, but either way, my baby is gone.

Right now, I am listening to you "go to sleep."  Riiiiiiight.  We'll keep working on it.

I love you, baby.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment