Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trying harder

Dear Parker,
As I was bored at work today, I went back and read some of your letters and I realized that I have become a bit of a slacker mommy in regard to writing you letters.  So, this is me trying harder.  We have about one more week of school and we are both anxiously waiting.  Tonight as you were going to sleep you asked how long until summer and I said one week.  You started clapping because you were so excited.  Also as we were laying in bed, you asked, "Mommy? Do you like pink and blue?"  I told you I did and then you said, "Mommy?  Do you like brown too?"  I again told you that I did.  Apparently, the birthday shopping that you did tonight involved these colors.  I think it's so sweet that you wanted to make sure I would like it. :)  We have your end of year conference at school tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous, which is silly because you are amazing and regardless of what anyone says, I will always love you more than anything.

This weekend we are going to meet your cousin Tyler.  You are very excited to meet him.  (I am too!)  You are so good with babies and you love them so much.

On a not as positive note, you have been screaming lately.  I'm sure it's my fault because I know that I raise my voice sometimes and I'm sure that's where you picked it up, but you have been yelling at me and thinking you are in charge lately.  I think it's getting better, but we do need to keep working on it.

Okay, well that's it for now, but I will write more - at least over the summer.

I love you SO much.  You are such a big girl and you amaze me every day.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment