Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Whole New Outlook

Dear Parker,

I am so incredibly happy.  We have found the perfect place for you.  You don't cry or get upset in the morning, you don't want to leave in the afternoon (even after being at school for nearly 9 hours), you have made friends (even if you can't remember all their names yet.)  At the end of the day you are happy - not exhausted and cranky.  You have an entirely different relationship with school than you did in June.  Maybe it's because you are 2 months older.  Maybe it's because The Orchard School is absolutely wonderful and it's the perfect fit for you.  I don't know entirely, but I know that on your 3rd day of school - after a weekend - you gladly hopped out the car on the curb to walk inside the building with a woman you had never met.  You weren't sad.  You didn't do it because I asked you.  (I was going to trek you in in the pouring rain even though I would have been late for school.)  You volunteered.  You gave me a quick hug and said, "Have a good day, Momma."  Then you were off.  Today, I walked in to pick you up.  You gave me a hug, but then said, "Can we stay? I want to sit on the circle rug."  Primrose gave you a great foundation for loving school, but this place is perfect.  I'm sure it won't always be smooth sailing, but right now, I could not be happier with the way things are going.  I'm SO proud of you for being such a big girl and adjusting so quickly and so well to your new school.

Here are some pics from the beginning of your year.
Proudly showing off your bag of pink rice for the sensory table

1st Day of School at Orchard!

You and Mrs. Foley on the first day

2 comments: