Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What goes Bump in the night?


Dear Parker,

You had a fabulous day yesterday.  You didn’t cry when I dropped you off for school, you didn’t ask to get Allie or your cloth out of your bag, we had a completely pleasant dinner and bath and then you did well at ballet.

This is a total turn-around from where we have been.  Drop-offs have been slowly getting better, but ballet last week was a nightmare.  You simply refused to leave my lap and participate.  It was horrible.  The whole thing.  I was so disappointed in you.  But, you did much better last night.

I do wonder what’s going on with you.  Lately, you have just been very afraid.  Of the Dinosphere at the Museum.  Of the whooshing noise the vents make when the heat kicks on.  Of shadows.  Of the smoke detector.  Of anything in the night.  You have been waking up multiple times a night and not going back to sleep well.  Last night was better, but the night before was awful.  You were up at least 4 times and didn’t go back to sleep until I brought you into our bed.  It’s exhausting.  I’m not sure if you are just thinking too much or what, but I will be happy when you are through it.

I don’t want you to be afraid.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment