Monday, November 21, 2011

A Great Day

Dear Parker,

Today was such a great day.  This morning we got up and ran some errands.  You were so well behaved.  At the library you whispered the entire time.  We played blocks and chose some books.  You didn't even need reminded to get off the "balance beam" in the parking lot on our way out.  We got home and put on some Christmas music.  We danced around and played and then drug the boxes of 'stuff' out of the basement.  You were really helpful (no, really, you were!)  You helped me unwrap all the the decorations and then went around and collected everything we need to pack up.  You dusted the places that needed dusted, hung up all the door hangings and even put some decoration out where you wanted them.  We had lunch, you took the world's shortest nap, but didn't get cranky!  You read books to me while I helped Mom prep dinner and after dinner we decorated the little tree in the loft.  You had such fun.  Then we turned out all the lights (except the tree) and had a dance party.  Your bath went really well and you fell asleep quickly.  It was a perfect day.

I'm so looking forward to the holidays.  I wish that I had more time off before Christmas, but we are going to have so much fun anyway.  I love you more than anything, and I'm so grateful to have you.

Love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment