Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blessed

Dear Parker,

I couldn't sleep, so I thought I would take a minute to write you a quick letter. Your mom and I have been feeling so blessed lately to have you in our lives. When I was pregnant (and even before), we would talk about what we thought our child would be like. And, you are it! You aren't perfect (no one is), but you are definitely the perfect child for us. We are constantly amazed by you; your cute faces, the funny things you do. It's just awesome to watch you grow.

The other day we were driving around and I sang the "ABC's" for you. You loved it and asked me to sing it over and over. We ran inside a store an on the way out, I heard you singing the alphabet! Then, yesterday, you asked to get your Brightlings toy out. You haven't played with it in a really long time. In addition to the alphabet, it sings many things including several tunes on different syllables (ba, ma etc). You have started singing with it - both the alphabet and the silly syllables.

Today, you met baby Liam. You were fascinated. He was in his swing and you just kept getting your little face as close to his as you possibly could and making your cheesy smile at him. It was very cute. You also did a good job of playing with your friend Shay. I was proud of you because you don't normally play, you normally just watch - and although you weren't really playing with her, you were definitely playing along side her which is a start.

Your friends, Bryn and Shay have a playset in their backyard and you loved swinging on it. I think your Mom and I will be getting one for the new house sooner rather than later. You just had so much fun - and you did a great job of getting off when it was time. It was so late and you were so tired that I thought you might have a little meltdown, but you didn't. You were great.

You ARE great. We love you so much and are so lucky to have such an amazing little girl for our daughter.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment